.

Huroness

I loved Jared Flood's Huron and wanted to knit one for my 4 year old daughter. I didn't have the pattern but I studied his sweater and tried to come up with my own color work pattern.



Since it was such a smaller cast on than an adult sweater the pattern didn't quite work out.


Here you can see that I did a double white row but realized it threw the pattern out of balance so I ripped it back and tried something different.



This was another of the failed attempts to get the pattern to look right.

Finally, I arrived at something I could live with.
This was knit in the round, using Elizabeth Zimmermann's seamless sweater style pattern. So easy!

Gauge: 4.5 st per inch
Needles: #7

CO 110

Cuff CO: 28 st, increasing up to 56 st. before joining to body.

Underarm stitches on waste yarn: 9 st.



Here is what I ended up doing to mimic the Huron for a smaller sweater.

1 comments:

Ellen Michelle said...

You amaze me! This is great. It's amazing how complicated the design looks on the sweater.
Nice job!
~Ellen

Post a Comment